Monday 6 July 2009

Back in training

The bruise has started to come out now and I am able to run again, still uncomfortable - at least that is my excuse for only doing 2 miles this morning. I feel that I need to start again really, but I have managed to master press ups in the meantime. Did 3 lots of 30 seconds on plank pose this morning, so will go for 40 tomorrow. Discussed running with an experienced running friend and have decided that running would generally be easier if I lost some weight too, so today I start restricting my diet. I've been very hungry recently as a result of iron tablets and exercise, which has meant that I've not lost any weight so I hope it will be OK. The big incentive is that the less there is to carry around, the further I can go, in theory.

Watched On Thin Ice last night, rather a timely programme as I now feel that I cannot complain about my training programme when I look at theirs. I'm not going to be dragging tyres down the beach, that's for sure. They did so well, coming second, especially as the Fogle had that flesh eating disease at the time.

(The 2008 Amundsen Omega 3 South Pole Race was the first since Scott and Amundsen's historic race nearly 100 years ago.

Roald Amundsen completed the trek on December 11, 1911, with Robert Scott finishing on January 17, 1912.)


Hoping for a call from the Girls this evening as the weather has really cooled down here and it should be OK to go out with the huskies either tomorrow or Wednesday, hopefully both, so I'm going to get a nice early night tonight.


Food: pineapple and banana smoothie, steamed shredded chicken with dark soy and broccoli

No comments:

Post a Comment