Monday 21 March 2011

19 days to go!

This time in three weeks we will have set off on our first day's adventure, I can't believe time is flying by so fast!

The local Co-op in Bungay very kindly allowed us to take our banners and tins over on Saturday and the shoppers donated very generously. We've cashed up 2 of the tins and they held £63.92 so once the rest is counted it should be over the £100 mark. There was one lovely chap who came over in a Norwich City Football Club T-shirt and gave us £10, I made a few ill-informed comments about the team as I do at least know they are doing well, and as he was leaving he said "I'm a great supporter of EACH, my son spent quite a bit of time in the Quidenham hospice, they are amazing people." It tugged at my heartstrings.

Big thanks to Liz Kennedy who had the idea in the first place and helped us set this up.

(Any 3 for £12 seemed like a good deal on this lot)

The boys arrived in shorts and Andy even wore flip flops, bonkers, but good to see they are in training for the cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment