Tuesday 26 April 2011

Thursday night

Gordon and Heston
It's time to set off again after a great night's sleep. We reached the camp area by 6 last night and this time it all went much more smoothly. No runners. Andy built a dining table from snow and we warmed up the Gulaš that Miloš had prepared at home. Laura and I dug a really deep hole for our tent and the combination of the soundless depths of our camp and exhaustion saw is all retiring by 9.30. We woke to silence, no dogs howling for their breakfast, and so we assumed it was early but when Laura checked her phone we realised everyone had slept in. It was 8.55am! We must have all needed it.






I felt as if I'd been run over by train though and the bruises are already coming through (note: copying this from my diary a week later I am still black and blue). Before we leave I am going to make sure that I have a good breakfast, that was my mistake yesterday - forgot to eat...

No comments:

Post a Comment