Friday 24 September 2010

Get a grip

I must, get a grip that is. There I was feeling all pathetic and wondering if could do it and then I read about Wim Hof, who featured in a C4 programme called Ice Man:


In sub zero temperatures 200 miles north of the Arctic Circle, Dutch Daredevil Wim Hof attempts to run a full 26-mile marathon clad only in shorts and a pair of sandals.
Hof currently holds nine world records for exposure to extreme cold, but this awe inspiring act of endurance surpasses all his previous adventures. Exposing the body to temperatures of -25C for more than four hours is an extraordinary challenge, one which experts fear is beyond the capabilities of human beings.
This film follows Wim's preparations in Amsterdam, which include taking midnight dips in freezing canals and meditating in a meat freezer.
I suppose that's my weekend viewing sorted then.

No comments:

Post a Comment